Applications are due by October 30th 2009
Graduate Metal 12
is a graduating students survey exhibition held in conjunction with the 14th Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia (JMGA) Biennial Conference taking place in Perth, April 2010.
Graduate Metal is a way in which the JMGA recognises emerging artists within the contemporary jewellery and metalsmithing fields.
Entry to Graduate Metal is available to graduates from Australia, New Zealand and from selected educational institutions in Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore who have completed an Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Undergraduate or Honours degree in jewellery and/ or metalsmithing since the last JMGA Biennial Conference in Adelaide in 2008.
Final selection is based on contemporary jewellery and objects of the highest quality.
Students submit a completed entry form and a maximum of two digital jpeg images (in high resolution) of their graduating work. Entries will be judged by a panel including WA JMGA Committee Members and a respected contemporary practitioner in the field. Successful entrants will be notified and supplied with the terms and conditions should they intend to exhibit. They will also be required to send specific information about the work they intend to exhibit, images of the work for the catalogue (if different from the images sent for initial entry) and to pay $60 exhibition entry fee. Please note - students are not required to pay the entry fee for the initial selection process, they only need to pay if they are selected and intend to exhibit.
Important points to remember
- Top graduates from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Korea and Thailand are invited to participate
- Students are only eligible if they have completed an Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Undergraduate degree or Honours degree in a Contemporary Jewellery or metalsmithing course since the last JMGA Biennial Conference in Adelaide, 2008
- The work must have been made in their graduating year
- A $60 entry fee is payable after students have been selected and if they intend to exhibit
- If the quality of the actual work is not consistent with the images provided the entrant may be refused the right to display the work in the exhibition
- All initial entry forms and images for selection must be post marked by October 30th 2009. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
Download Graduate Metal 12 Entry Form (pdf)
Submit entries to the following address:
Graduate Metal 12
JMGA WA (inc)
24 Woodbridge Drive
GREENMOUNT WA 6056
Carrie McDowell (Vice President JMGA WA)